- Villa Savoye by Le Corbusier, originally uploaded by Ted Drake.
- Villa Savoye sits outside Paris, it’s a modern architecture icon designed by Le Corbusier
- Uploaded to Flickr: 15th February, 2009
Villa Savoye is a private house designed by Le Corbusier in a small town outside Paris. This chaise is one of my favorite pieces of furniture.
I was fortunate enough to be in this room by myself and was able to explore the shapes and shadows cast by the furniture on this sunny but crisp winter morning.
- waterfall at Parc Buttes Chaumont in Winter, originally uploaded by Ted Drake.
- Uploaded to Flickr: 27th November, 2008
Parc Buttes Chaumont is a fantasy park in northern Paris. It had a less than glamorous past as a quarry, hangout for hoodlums, and trash dump. For the Worlds Fair it was converted to a large park; filled with exotic trees and follies.
I don’t take my tripod around Paris often enough. I’m glad I chose to bring it on this trip. It was a cold, overcast Thanksgiving day in Paris. I shot this with an exposure of about 30 seconds. It’s inside a man-made grotto with the sun peaking out from a hole in the roof. You can also see some faux stalactites hanging from the ceiling.